Friday, November 8, 2013

What's This Ringing In My Ears?

When I first started working at the gym over two years ago, I pretty much took on any job opportunity I could get my hands on, whether it was checking the equipment, reorganizing the floor pieces or picking up a large group class to teach. Yesterday I took over the class I started with back in my very rookie days as a trainer - and I'm pretty sure I scared 15 out of the 16 women in the class with my music selection.


Yesterday's playlist consisted of the following songs:
Calvin Harris - You Used to Hold Me
Icona Pop - I Love It
The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Bayside - Already Gone
Paramore - Emergency
AFI - Days of the Phoenix
Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
Paramore - Decode
Love, Robot - Criminal
A Day to Remember - Best of Me
Beloved - Insult to Injury
Black Tide - That Fire
A Day to Remember - All I Want
Cartel - If I Fail
Silverstein - Replace You

When Beloved's song came over, I walked over to one of my clients who was taking the class (who shares similar a taste of music) and said, "It's about to get heavy in here," and sure enough it did. One member gave me a look that showed her displeasure in the music as others stopped performing their crunches and started covering their ears. Needless to say, next week's playlist will be different, softer, and much more member-friendly, but I still might sneak in an "angry" song here and there.

Now Playing - Brand New - Jaws Theme Swimming 

No comments:

Post a Comment